Friday, February 22

Wedding Details - DJ dilemma

The original plan was to use a laptop and a sound system. Make my own playlists (with help, I'm not a modern dance-y music person), have people switch back and forth when they're bored, whatever.
via - do I want to end up like this during my reception?
The pros:
- $40 to rent the sound system
- $10/month subscription to Spotify for unlimited music & offline play, no ads
- Getting to choose basically every song

The cons:
- Someone will have to be in charge during the ceremony, and hopefully schedule the music correctly
- Drunk people messing with my laptop, closing the music program accidentally, etc
- Having to worry at all about the music during the whole shebang
- Needing to choose basically every song

It leans pretty heavily to the cons, right? So maybe a DJ wouldn't be so bad? Except for the price. I've only looked at one (the closest guy I could find to the venue) and it was just over $1000 for 5 hours. I almost crapped my pants when I saw the prices. So... that's not going to happen.

I'll keep looking for other prices. Plus there's a wedding show tomorrow, maybe I'll see some DJs there. I also contacted a friend that I think DJs wedding to see what his prices would be like.

Anyone have any ideas? Know any good DJs around Boise, Idaho?

1 comment:

  1. Loving your updates on the wedding! Hope you can get it all figured out. Lovely blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate each one!